Thank you for your interest in becoming a Certified TRE Provider. Incorporating TRE into your personal and professional life will open new possibilities!
Our certification program will prepare you to teach TRE safely, responsibly and professionally. Additionally, we require that our trainees experience the depth of personal healing, re-balancing and tension releasing that is possible through this somatic process.
TRE integrates well with traditional therapeutic modalities because it supports healing at the deepest levels of the neuro-physiology, where traumatic “fear” responses originate. Some individuals recovering from chronic stress, anxiety or trauma may have deep emotional and psychosomatic issues that need professional guidance.
Although I originally designed TRE as a self-help technique for large traumatized populations, it is becoming widely accepted as a somatic tool for mental health and health care professionals. In those cases, TRE should not be considered as a stand-alone method, but would be better included in a therapeutic session where the client can receive proper guidance along with those releases.
If you are seeking a somatic technique to enrich your healing practice, there are many unique qualities that would make TRE a good choice for you. If you are NOT a professional healthcare provider but you still want to learn how to share TRE with your family and community, the TRE certification process will give you the competency to do so.
The management of stress and the healing of trauma are challenging issues that face each of us daily. TRE offers a revolutionary approach and a teachable technique to aid each of us individually and as a larger community.
We look forward to your joining the TRE provider family!
David Berceli, Ph. D
Creator of TRE
Founder of TRE for All, Inc.
TRE for All, Inc. & Dr. Berceli hold the copyright and trademark on the TRE process.
Dr. Berceli oversees the development and the distribution of the Certification Training Program through a global network of skilled TRE Certification Trainers.
Neurogenic Yoga™ is a sister method of TRE® that combines yoga postures (asana) and breathing exercises (pranayama) with the body’s natural, therapeutic shaking response called Self Induced Therapeutic Tremors (SITT). Neurogenic Yoga™ is a simple, gentle and profound practice that facilities the lengthening and relaxation of the psoas muscle and the release of physical and emotional stress and tension. During a Neurogenic Yoga™ practice, we safely self-induce therapeutic vibration using yoga postures and breath. Often vibration begins in the legs and may spread throughout the entire body.The Neurogenic Yoga Certification Program has merged with the TRE Certification ProgramParticipants will now be certified in both Neurogenic Yoga and TRE in one integrated training. This dual certification is only open to experienced yoga teachers.Click here for more details https://www.youtube.com/embed/hTm-b_cq4-Y
Who can benefit from TRE?
If you have ever gotten up to speak in front of an audience and gotten “knocking knees”, been in a car accident and found yourself shaking afterwards, or found yourself angry and had shaking in your belly or other body parts, then you have experienced this type of vibration. Since this shaking mechanism in the muscles is part of our natural behavior as humans, everyone can benefit. These self-induced therapeutic tremors increase the resiliency of the body because they cause deep relaxation that naturally reduce stress levels and muscle contraction. These vibrations can release emotions ranging from mild upset to severe anxiety whether it is caused by work stress, excessive worry, conflict in relationships, physical stress, or traumas from accidents. Additionally, tremoring has been reported to reduce and eliminate pain, increase mobility, and aid healing of recent and past injuries.
Whether you are a parent/spouse who would like more patience with your family, a survivor of violence or an accident, a soldier suffering with PTSD, or simply someone who wants to become more resilient and healthier, you can benefit from Neurogenic Yoga.
Reported Benefits Include
- Release of chronic tension and increase of energy and stamina
- Discharge of buried emotional and physical trauma
- Freedom from symptoms of sciatica and fibromyalgia
- Decrease of aches and pains
- Improved sleep
- Improved circulation
- Improved mood
- Improved sense of feeling grounded and focused
- Improved flexibility
Although there is a lot of anecdotal evidence regarding TRE, and many pilot clinical outcome studies are in progress and have verified its efficacy around the globe, larger controlled quantitative and qualitative studies are needed. To participate in any ongoing research programs or to begin your own, please contact the TRE Research department at Research@traumaprevention.com
TRE focuses on releasing the psoas muscle, which connects the lumbar vertebrae to the pelvis. This powerful muscle holds physical, emotional, and mental stress that we carry in our bodies over the course of our lives.
- Berceli D, Salmon M, Bonifas R, Ndefo N. Effects of self-induced unclassified tremors on quality of life among non-professional caregivers: A pilot study. Glob Adv Health Med. 2014;3(5):45-48. | Abstract
- Berceli D. Evaluating the effects of stress reduction exercises employing mild tremors: a pilot study [dissertation]. Phoenix (AZ): Arizona State University; 2009. | Download
- Berceli D. [Neurogenic tremors: A body-oriented treatment for trauma in large populations]. Trauma und Gewalt. 2010 May; 4 (2):148-156. German. | Download
- Berceli D, Napoli M. A proposal for a mindfulness-based trauma-prevention program for social work professionals. Complement Health Pract Rev. 2007 Oct; 11 (3):1-13.| Abstract
- Department of Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury. Mind Body Skills for Regulating the Autonomic Nervous System. Published June 2011. | Download
- Harrison EG, Keating JL, Morgan P. et al. Novel Exercises for Restless Legs Syndrome: A Randomized, Controlled Trial. J Am Board Fam Med 2018;31:783–794. | View (Payment Required)
- Johnson S. Interventions for stress and burnout of secondary school educators in high-risk schools. In: Robert M, ed. Abstracts of the 30th International Congress of Psychology; 2012 Jul 22-27; Cape Town, South Africa. Oxon, UK: Psychology Press; 2012. p. 167. | Download
- McCann T. An evaluation of the effects of a training program in trauma release exercises on quality of life [master’s thesis]. Cape Town, South Africa: University of Cape Town; 2011. | Download
- Macedo D. [Tension and trauma release exercise: Application to situations of domestic violence][Master’s thesis]. Brasilia, Brazil: Universidade de Brasilia; 2013. Portuguese | Download
- Nibel H.Shake it up baby! Trauma and Tension Releasing Exercises (TRE@) as a new promising offering in promoting occupational health Proceedings of the Gesellschaft für Arbeitswissenschaft [Society of Occupational Science] Spring Convention; 2015 Feb 25-27; Karlruhe, Germany. | Download
- Schweitzer E, Bradt KM. [Dem Malinowski-Blues entgehen: KÖrperorientierte EntspannungsÜbungen zur Stressbewältigung während der Feldforschung]. Ethnoscripts. 2015; 17(1): 228-242.German| Download
- Soluções Inovadoras para a Promoção de Saúde Mental de Adolescentes na Atenção Primária | Portuguese Download
Innovative Solutions for the Promotion of Adolescent Mental Health in Primary Care | English Download
Soluciones Innovadoras para la Promoción de Salud Mental de Adolescentes en la Atención Primaria | Spanish Download
- Neurogenic Tremor Through TRE: Tension, Stress and Trauma Releasing Exercises according to D. Berceli in the Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) | Download
- Preliminary Results of Several Small Sample Studies In The Ukraine, During TRE on Different Levels | Download
- TRE Tension, Stress and Trauma Releasing Exercises (Evaluation eines ressourcenschonenden traumatherapeutischen Verfahren) | Download
- TRE Poster with Research Results (German) | Download
- Körperorientiertes Coaching für ressourcenschonendes Auflösen chronischer Stressreaktionen (Powerpoint presenting TRE research results) | Download
- Research from Ukraine | Download
- Предварительные результаты нескольких исследований проведенных на небольшой выборке в Украине, во время тренингов TRE (упражнения для снятия стресса и травмы по Д. Берсели) на различных уровнях | Download